Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thank you!

I can't believe it's only been three weeks since I've released Just One Song.

Writing a book has been a dream I have had since I was in second grade and wrote a book about a little girl who travelled to a foreign land and watched as two different alien life forms learned the art of sharing. :) Seriously, yup. I wrote that. I'm pretty sure it's laminated with a yellow cover in a scrapbook my mom has stored in a basement somewhere.

Regardless, when I first sat down last fall to write the story that was brewing in my mind, I had one goal in mind. Write a book. I wanted to do it for me. I wanted to accomplish something I've always wanted to do, even if nothing ever happened with it.

And so I did. It took me 10 weeks to write Nicole and Zack's story and once I started editing around Thanksgiving, I decided it was better for EVERYONE if I just shoved it in a drawer, checked "write a book" off my bucket list, and moved on.  Weeks went by and I realized I just wasn't happy with what I had written, and the type-A personality in me simply refused to rest until at least I was happy with the story that had consumed me for four months.

So I re-wrote it. And edited it. And then re-wrote five chapters completely. And edited it some more, and sent it to some people to read. And re-worked it again and again and again.

And then finally, I thought it didn't suck TOO bad anymore.

....

But what I wasn't expecting over the last three weeks....was YOU! Because oh my crap, I just simply can't get over the fact that I have written something that readers are enjoying! It's mind boggling, and humbling, and I'm pretty sure I've said, "I'm blown away," at least 154,637,908 times in the last three weeks.

Seriously, ask my husband. We laugh every night when a new review comes in, or a rating, or an email, private message or whatever. It's so exciting and absolutely crazy!!!

It's been a wild ride, and hopefully one that's just beginning.

So from the bottom of my very large, very overwhelmed, and incredibly THANKFUL heart....

I love you all. Thank you so much for your support, encouragement, reviews and kind words. I simply can't describe how much it means to me.

Happy Reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment