Saturday, March 9, 2013


I think I suck at blogging. And twittering and facebooking and all things socially connecting. :)  I'm trying to do better....please bare/bear (why can I never figure out which one of these to use?) with me while I learn.

Here's another little teaser from my book, that is being read, re-read, edited, re-edited and revised again all to make it the best I possibly can for all of you. ...as always, final copy may appear slightly different than below.


He takes a few steps towards me and I freeze. I cling tightly to my beer bottle when his hand reaches out and softly touches one of the curls in my hair. His eyes soften and I’m mesmerized by the light green that has darkened slightly. One side of his lips quirk up just a little bit, leaving this sexy smirk that I have a feeling is the same one that causes girls all over the country to drop their panties for at his concerts. Or so Mia claims. But I totally get the feeling because I suddenly have butterflies flying like mad in my stomach as he gazes down on me. Screw that, it’s not butterflies, it feels more like monkeys jumping on a trampoline. And it scares the hell out of me, but not in a bad, I need to run away now, way. More like it feels so good, I want to lean closer and snuggle up to him sort of way.
“See you in ten minutes?” he asks so softly and roughly that I almost don’t hear him over the noise in the bar. I’m stuck stupid and can’t say anything, so I just nod.
At least I hope that’s what I do because I can’t really tell if I’m moving at all.
He lets go of my hair and chuckles softly – more to himself than me- and flashes a wave and large smile to Mia. “See you soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment