Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Some of my favorites!

Thank you so much for your support and love of Don't Lie To Me! Haven't read it yet? Here are a couple snippets from two of my favorite scenes.

Happy Reading!


ONE

He held out one of his white dress shirts, staying an arms-length away from me. Frustration etched in every one of his facial features.

“No.” I crossed my arms against my stomach. It only served to push my full, aching breasts up further and I watched Jack’s gaze settle on them, before drifting lower to my bare skin that I knew he wanted to get his hands on. He couldn’t hide his desire from me.

Even if it pissed him off that he wanted me.

“Put the shirt on.” He closed his eyes and shook his head. “I can’t talk to you when you’re dressed like this. Put the damn shirt on and I’ll talk to you.”

I took it from him reluctantly and pushed my arms through my sleeves. “It’s on.”

I smiled when he cursed at me again. “Button. It.”
 
 

TWO

I wanted to give in. To throw myself into his arms and bury myself in him. I wanted to fix whatever he thought damaged him. I wanted to see the confident and controlled businessman he always was, but I thought of Logan, and in the end, he was all I had. He was the most important person in my life and I couldn’t jump into anything, regardless of how much I wanted it, without thinking clearly.

“We need rules,” I said, without even realizing that I was actually agreeing to take a chance on this man in front of me.

One side of his lips quirked up in amusement. “Rules?”

“You don’t touch me while I’m working.”

His eyes darkened instantly and he frowned. “I’m not sure I can keep my hands off you now.”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Tina! This made me giggly-smiley. :)

    ReplyDelete